- One of the recipients of the 2011 Yahoo! Faculty Research and Engagement Program (FREP) for the Computational Advertisement, Machine Learning and Search & Web Mining Category (http://labs.yahoo.com/node/596)
- Best Paper Award Runner UP at 4th ACM Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM 2011) with the paper “Identifying Task-based Sessions in Search Engine Query Logs”.
- Best Paper Award at 29th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2007) with the paper “Sorting Out the Document Identifier Assignment Problem”.
- Nomination for the ERCIMs Cor Baayen Award: selected among the two representatives from Italy for year 2005.
- Best Paper Award at 2004 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI 2004) with the paper “An Online Recommender System for Large Web Sites”. Co-author: Ranieri Baraglia.
- Travel award for attending the 27th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference (SIGIR 2004) with the paper “Assigning Identifiers to Documents to Enhance the Clustering Property of Fulltext Indexes”. Co-authors: Salvatore Orlando and Raffaele Perego.